Personal injury attorney san fransisco dolan law –
Personal injury attorney – Dolan Law is a personal injury law firm located in San Francisco, California. The firm was founded by Christopher Dolan, who has over 25 years of experience representing individuals and families who have been injured or lost a loved one due to the negligence or wrongdoing of others.
The attorneys at Dolan Law are dedicated to helping their clients obtain the compensation they deserve for their injuries and damages, including medical expenses, lost wages, and pain and suffering. They handle a wide range of personal injury cases, including car accidents, motorcycle accidents, pedestrian accidents, premises liability, and more. If you have been injured in an accident in the San Francisco area and are seeking legal representation, you may want to consider contacting Dolan Law for a consultation.
Types of Vehicle Collisions Will a Personal Injury Attorney
Personal injury attorneys typically handle a wide range of vehicle collision cases, including:
- Car accidents – These are the most common type of vehicle collision and can be caused by a variety of factors, such as distracted driving, drunk driving, speeding, and reckless driving.
- Truck accidents – Accidents involving large commercial trucks can be particularly devastating, as they can cause serious injuries or fatalities.
- Motorcycle accidents – Motorcyclists are particularly vulnerable on the road, and accidents involving motorcycles can result in serious injuries or fatalities.
- Bicycle accidents – Bicyclists are also vulnerable on the road, and accidents involving bicycles can result in serious injuries or fatalities.
- Pedestrian accidents – Accidents involving pedestrians can be particularly devastating, as pedestrians have no protection against being hit by a vehicle.
Personal injury attorneys can help individuals who have been injured in any of these types of vehicle collisions obtain compensation for their injuries and damages. If you have been involved in a vehicle collision and are seeking legal representation, you may want to consider contacting a personal injury attorney for a consultation.
Auto or Motorcycle accidents
• Road rage
• Left Turns in front of another vehicle
• Illegal U- Turns
• Failure to yield
• Rear end collisions
• Bicycle Dooring
• Failure to yield
• Rear end collisions
• Road rage
• Left Turns in front of a bicycle
• Rear end collisions
• Road rage
• Left Turns in to pedestrian crossing
Advantages of Personal Injury Lawyer San Francisco Dolan Law
There are several advantages to hiring a personal injury lawyer from the Dolan Law Firm in San Francisco:
- Experience: The personal injury lawyers at Dolan Law have extensive experience in handling a wide range of personal injury cases. They are familiar with the legal procedures and have the necessary skills and expertise to handle complex cases.
- Expertise: The attorneys at Dolan Law have specialized knowledge in personal injury law, and they are well-versed in the various types of claims and legal strategies that can be used to maximize the compensation that their clients receive.
- Negotiation skills: The lawyers at Dolan Law are skilled negotiators who are able to negotiate with insurance companies and other parties to achieve the best possible outcome for their clients.
- Personal attention: The attorneys at Dolan Law provide personalized attention to their clients, and they work closely with them throughout the legal process to ensure that their needs are met and that their rights are protected.
- Contingency fee: Dolan Law operates on a contingency fee basis, which means that clients only pay if they receive a settlement or verdict in their favor. This allows clients to pursue their legal rights without worrying about upfront legal costs.
- Reputation: Dolan Law has a strong reputation in the legal community, and they are respected by judges, opposing counsel, and insurance companies. This reputation can be beneficial in achieving a favorable outcome for their clients.
Overall, hiring a personal injury lawyer from Dolan Law in San Francisco can provide several advantages, including experience, expertise, negotiation skills, personal attention, contingency fees, and reputation.
Disadvantages of Personal Injury Lawyer San Francisco Dolan Law
As with any legal service provider, there are potential disadvantages to hiring a personal injury lawyer from the Dolan Law Firm in San Francisco. Some of these disadvantages may include:
- Cost: Although the Dolan Law Firm operates on a contingency fee basis, the fees charged by personal injury lawyers can still be expensive. Clients may have to pay a significant portion of their settlement or verdict to their lawyer.
- Time-consuming: Personal injury cases can be complex and time-consuming, and clients may have to wait months or even years for their case to be resolved.
- No guarantees: There are no guarantees in personal injury cases, and even the most experienced and skilled lawyers may not be able to achieve the desired outcome for their clients.
- Emotional stress: Personal injury cases can be emotionally stressful, and clients may have to relive the trauma of their injury or accident during the legal process.
- Conflict of interest: In some cases, there may be a potential conflict of interest if the Dolan Law Firm is representing multiple clients who are involved in the same accident or incident.
Overall, while the Dolan Law Firm has many advantages, it is important to carefully consider the potential disadvantages before hiring a personal injury lawyer. Clients should be aware of the costs involved, the time commitment required, and the potential emotional stress of pursuing a personal injury claim. Additionally, clients should always ensure that their lawyer is acting in their best interests and not in conflict with other clients.
What Is a Personal Injury Case?
A personal injury case arises when one person suffers an injury due to another person’s misconduct. In most cases, this misconduct is negligence, a legal term that means something like ”carelessness.” In other situations, the claim arises from recklessness, a more severe form of negligence typified by, for example, intoxicated driving. The third state of mind associated with personal injury is intentional misconduct, typified by a “road rage” incident.
A small personal injury claim might amount to only a few hundred dollars. The very largest personal injury claims can run into the hundreds of millions of dollars and involve hundreds or even thousands of victims. Most personal injury claims fall between these two extremes, however.
The 7 Most Common Types of Personal Injury Claims
You can classify most personal injury claims into the seven broad personal injury case types described below. Following is a non-exclusive list of personal injury types. These are not exhaustive.
Motor Vehicle Accidents
Motor vehicle accidents are one of the most common types of personal injury cases. You might further subdivide these types of personal injury cases into the following subtypes:
- Auto accidents. Automobile accidents are perhaps the most common single subtype of personal injury claims.
- Motorcycle accidents. Motorcycle accidents frequently produce catastrophic injuries.
- Trucking accidents. Although truck accidents frequently produce catastrophic injuries, commercial truckers are typically well-insured.
- Pedestrian accidents. Pedestrian accidents occur most often in urban areas. Wrongful death claims are common.
- Uber/Lyft accidents. Rideshare accidents are becoming more and more common. On-duty Uber and Lyft drivers are typically well-insured.
Medical malpractice occurs when a healthcare provider, typically a physician, injures a patient through substandard medical care. Examples include:
- Surgical error;
- Failure to diagnose a dangerous condition;
- Improper prescription;
- Many other possible errors.
Winning a medical malpractice claim typically requires the support of an expert medical witness. These cases also tend to be scientifically complex.
Product liability claims generate some of the more unique types of personal injury lawsuits. A product liability claim arises when someone suffers injury from an unreasonably dangerous consumer product. The injured party does not have to be the person who purchased the product. You must prove that the product contained one of the following three types of defects:
- A design defect;
- A manufacturing defect;
- Inadequate warnings about the dangers of the product.
You can win a claim against a product manufacturer without even providing that the manufacturer was at fault. You can sue other parties in the product’s chain of distribution, but you must prove fault.
Any type of personal injury claim can become a wrongful death claim if the victim dies from the injury. Indiana wrongful death laws are rather complex. In a nutshell, however, the deceased victim’s probate estate and certain family members may file a wrongful death lawsuit and receive damages therefrom.
The types of damages available depend on whether the victim was a child or an adult. If the estate paid certain expenses, such as funeral and burial expenses, the court will reimburse the estate itself.
Workers’ compensation insurance covers most workplace injuries. The advantage of a workers’ compensation claim is that you don’t have to prove that your employer was at fault. The disadvantage is that you cannot receive non-economic damages such as pain and suffering. In some cases of workplace injury, however, you can exit the workers’ compensation system and sue for noneconomic damages.